Quality Technician - Durham, UK
Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
Cav is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
We are now looking for an experienced Quality Technician to join our Quality Team and support the production of CAV technology to ensure that all process, inspections and approvals are carried out to the highest standards.
- Investigate non-conformances through effective root cause analysis.
- Lead Operator process training sign off and audition.
- Conduct IRN Investigations (including stock checks)
- Develop trend analysis charts that measure CAV's ongoing quality performance.
- Creation of quality alerts.
- Support process and final inspection as required
- Process alterations to SOPs / AOPs.
- FAiR Approvals
- Manufacturing processes experience
- Quality systems to AS9100, ISO9001 or similar
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills with both colleagues and customers
- Aptitude for building collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Office - particularly Excel.
At CAV systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV-Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at email@example.com to request the job description.